Seoul: A visit to the National Museum - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

June 28, 2017

Seoul: A visit to the National Museum

One of the reasons for spending a few days in Seoul was to be able to give the National Museum as much attention as our energy levels allowed us. It is the sixth largest museum in the world by floor area so it really needs multiple visits. We gave the first of the three floors of the standard exhibits (covering the historical aspects of Korea in a chronological manner) a good go this morning. After lunch we rushed through the second and third floors but by now we were struggling to concentrate. There was no chance we would get to any of the multiple special exhibits.

A magnificent painting of the Buddha at the Assembly on Vulture Peak. It stands more than two storeys high.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Ten Storey Pagoda.
Heart 0 Comment 0

This evening we are off to a South African restaurant that is a few hundred meters away from our hotel.

EDIT: You can't keep a good boertjie away from his tjop en wors and his rugby paraphernalia. A great meal at Braai Republic. Leigh enjoyed the locals struggling to use knives and forks after the troubles she has had with the flat Korean chopsticks.

Leigh hanging on to Bokkie, a standard South African Springbok Rugby mascot.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lamb chops and boerewors - a typical South African meal in Seoul
Heart 0 Comment 0
A Springbok Rugby jersey at Braai Republic in Seoul.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 6 km (4 miles)
Total: 2,339 km (1,453 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0