Port Dickson to Bagan Lalang: Tired bodies dragged further than they planned - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

July 14, 2017

Port Dickson to Bagan Lalang: Tired bodies dragged further than they planned

I woke up feeling exhausted this morning. We had had a great supper last night which included red wine, rich desserts and an enormous espresso so I struggled to get to sleep. I don't think the wine made me feel any livelier this morning. We started the morning with a short walk to get some birding done but had to cut it short because we were being carried away by mosquitoes. By the time Leigh had had a swim and we had packed up and checked out it was almost eleven o'clock.

We struggled up route five until the northern end of Port Dickson when we started looking for a place to stop, despite having covered less than twenty kilometers. We couldn't find anything in our price range so we eventually gave up and carried on cycling. I had seen a number of hotels on the map at a place up the coast called Bagan Laleng so that was the direction we took. The sweet lady in my mobile phone led us through some interesting places and even managed to fit a ferry crossing into our route.

An unexpected ferry crossing
Heart 0 Comment 0

An unfortunate detour after a wrong turn added about five kilometers to our route and my frustration with a failing valve necessitated the change of a tube so we got to the village's outskirts at about three thirty and settled down a large lunch of chicken curry.

The first hotel we looked at was within our price range but was pretty dire and the location was even worse. So we headed for the second choice (the third sounding a bit out of our price range). The second was also about twice what we wanted to pay and was poor value for money but by now it was about four thirty and we didn't feel like carrying on. So here we are at the Seri Bagan Lalang.

Today's ride: 60 km (37 miles)
Total: 2,912 km (1,808 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0