Pontian Kecil to Batu Pahat: Flat and uneventful - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

July 7, 2017

Pontian Kecil to Batu Pahat: Flat and uneventful

Breakfast was included in our hotel price. It was a pleasant mixture of western and Asian food, so we enjoyed everything from fruit and toast to curry puffs and spicy fried noodles. Leigh even tucked into a piece of chocolate cake. After breakfast we drove passed the waterfront area which was full of public exercise groups that we see so often in the East. By the time we got going it was almost eight o'clock - a bit late on day with clear skies and high humidity. It got pretty hot but there was a thunderstorm building ahead of us and at some point it dump a load of rain which cooled things down for a while.

Apart from a little bump at the end, today's ride was about as flat as it could get. The traffic was pretty heavy but there was either a small shoulder or a full motor cycle lane for most of the way so we never felt stressed.

Nice motorcycle lane
Heart 0 Comment 0

We passed a lot of mosques on the way with quite a lot of activity, it being a Friday. However, the most impresive religious building was a Chinese Buddhist temple.

Lovely temple on the road to Batu Pahat
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lovely temple on the road to Batu Pahat
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lovely temple on the road to Batu Pahat
Heart 0 Comment 0

By the time we hit the little bumps at the entrance to Batu Pahat it had got quite hot again. With about three kilometers to go to our digs, we pulled into a little Chinese foodhall for some grub which came with the usual set of questions about where we are from etc. This time we got probably the post pertinent question : "Why are you here ?".

Today's ride: 77 km (48 miles)
Total: 2,626 km (1,631 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0