Otres to Veal Rinh: Meeting Jimmy, Linda & Katie - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

October 4, 2017

Otres to Veal Rinh: Meeting Jimmy, Linda & Katie

The rain continued through the night and was still chucking down with vigour this morning. At abut eight o'clock it suddenly stopped and the sky looked a lot brighter so we said good bye to Sok Sabay soon after nine o'clock. It was a lovely place to stay and a comfortable home for the past four days.

There was a sharp climb up to Highway 4 and then it was mostly easy cycling to Veal Rinh. Of course, we had to stay on the unsealed shoulder if we wanted to stay alive so that slowed us down a bit. After about thirty kilometers we bumped into a trio of Scots, husband and wife (Jimmy and Linda) on a 20" wheel tandem pulling a trailer and their daughter Katie on a hard-tail MTB. They were on their way to Sihanoukville from Phnom Penh. We had a long natter on the side of the road, exchanging experiences and details.

With Katie, Jimmy and Linda.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jimmy, Linda and Katie
Heart 0 Comment 0

The litter along the side of the road continued to amaze me.

I am really struggling the the amount of litter in Cambodia. This little pond is invisible under a blanket of used plastic water bottles.
Heart 0 Comment 0

On arriving in Veal Rinh we stopped at the market to pick up some bananas and baguettes for lunch. Then it was on to the same guesthouse at which we stayed five days earlier.

Today's ride: 46 km (29 miles)
Total: 6,382 km (3,963 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0