Melaka to Port Dickson: A bit of luxury as a late anniversary celebration - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

July 13, 2017

Melaka to Port Dickson: A bit of luxury as a late anniversary celebration

Nine days ago it was our nineteenth wedding anniversary but I was still very much under effects of my cold so we decided against celebrating. Now that I am better we have booked in the more upmarket, by our standards, Thistle Resort just south of Port Dickson.

The ride here from Melaka was mostly uneventful. The only differences were some sections that weren't completely flat and us getting a bit lost and ending up at the entrance to a military base. Actually we didn't get lost - the lady in my mobile phone thought it was a good idea to take that route so that we could avoid the busy main road. It only added about five kay's to our distance and we were soon on a nice quiet road hugging the coast for the second half of the ride.

A quite beach between Melaka and Port Dickson
Heart 0 Comment 0

As usual, we had folk starting conversations with us whenever we stopped. The most interesting one today was a fellow of Indian extraction (his parents had immigrated to Malaysia from India) who was a motor cycle tourist. He seemed to enjoy German technology - rides a big 1200cc BMW and uses Ortlieb panniers - and was interested in our Rohloff hubs.

We've sent the afternoon lazing at the pools and on the beach.

Today's ride: 71 km (44 miles)
Total: 2,852 km (1,771 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0