Matama Beach to Nakatsu: Feeling a bit tired - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2017

Matama Beach to Nakatsu: Feeling a bit tired

Toshie made us a lovely breakfast early this morning, including the pencil bait that we had dug up the evening before, and we were on the road by seven o’clock after making sure we had each others contact details.

As we approached Usa we found the large shrine that the onsen attendant had told us about. What a lovely surprise it was. For whatever reason, this was the first place in Japan that I have felt a sense of spirituality, whatever that might mean.

Usa-Ji
Heart 0 Comment 0
Usa-Ji
Heart 0 Comment 0
Usa-Ji
Heart 0 Comment 0
Usa-Ji
Heart 0 Comment 0
Usa-Ji
Heart 0 Comment 0
Usa-Ji
Heart 0 Comment 0
Usa-Ji
Heart 0 Comment 0
Usa-Ji
Heart 0 Comment 0

The morning was quite humid and hot and by midday we had pulled into a Michi no Eki about forty kilometers down the road where we had lunch and a long rest. The last few days have been very hazy and Toshie had said it was pollution blowing over from China. We were both feeling pretty flat despite a good nights sleep – maybe the pollution had something to do with it.

After a good rest, we decided to cycle back into Nakatsu, the last town we had past to look for a hotel where we could spend a night (or two) and get ready for Korea. So we cycled back and at the first 7-11 we found we found a hotel on Agoda called the Super Hotel, part of a chain of budget business traveler hotels. We've booked a room for the next two nights, have got stuck into the wifi and made bookings in Busan and hope to be rested when we hit the road on Saturday (only 90 kms to Fukuoka).

Today's ride: 47 km (29 miles)
Total: 1,168 km (725 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0