Long Mỹ to Cần Thơ: Yesterday's mini-me - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

October 26, 2017

Long Mỹ to Cần Thơ: Yesterday's mini-me

With a northerly wind blowing into our faces, a busy-ish country road and lots of stops at ca ge vongs, today was very much a mini-me of yesterday. The difference came in when we turned onto Highway One after about thirty five kilometers. The highway matched my recollection of it from last year. Three lanes either side separated by a concrete barrier with the outside lane dedicated to motorcycles and bicycles. The noise is something from out of this world but one feels safe in the outside lane. In fact, we could finally cycle without giving 100% our attention to monitoring the other road users. So while it may not be attractive it can be relaxing if you allow yourself to disappear into your own mind.

We've booked into a slightly pricey hotel in Cần Thơ, the Ahn Dao, and plan to have a good meal at a French restaurant called l'Esacle this evening - time to spoil ourselves now that we have mostly recovered from our colds.

ca fe sua
Heart 0 Comment 0
We saw this strange theme park going up next the University of Tuong Toan south of Can Tho.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 km (32 miles)
Total: 7,202 km (4,472 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0