Ko Chang to Laem Ngop: Off the island and back to the mainland - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

September 20, 2017

Ko Chang to Laem Ngop: Off the island and back to the mainland

We were in no rush to leave Serenity this morning so, after popping up to the ferry port to get some breakfast, we spent some more time paddling out to sea on one of the kayaks.

Enjoying the sit-on-top kayaks at Serenity.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our bungalow at Serenity.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of Serenity Resort from the ferry.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Then it was back to the ferry port from where we caught the midday boat back to the mainland. The ferry approached the harbour at the same time as a big thunderstorm so we started cycling the short distance to Laem Ngop in pouring rain.

We are staying in a little wooden hut overlooking a mangrove swamp, Suchanaree Resort, and have been delighted by veiws of a Common Kingfisher perching a few meters away from us next to our hut. Unfortunately, that's about all that is attractive about the Suchanaree Resort.

Supper, at a plastic chair a kilometer or two away, was interesting in that, despite an enormous language gap, we discovered that only Isaan food was on offer and that our usual fallback to kaphrao moo wasn't going to work. So instead we had a pork larp. Quite different and unexpected but also very enjoyable.

Today's ride: 16 km (10 miles)
Total: 5,861 km (3,640 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0