Ipoh to Kuala Kangsar: Meeting Andrew Pang - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

July 27, 2017

Ipoh to Kuala Kangsar: Meeting Andrew Pang

We only had a short day planned so we didn't rush out of bed. After what is fast becoming the usual rotis for breakfast we set off through the Ipoh traffic in a northerly direction. Traffic was pretty heavy and so it was with a sense of relief that we stopped at the Perak Temple Cave. Compared to Batu Caves near Kula Lumpur, the temple at Perak Cave is Budhist as opposed to Hindu and is very well cared for with some lovely statues and murals.

Perak Cave Temple
Heart 0 Comment 0
Perak Cave Temple
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once back on the road is was a bit of an unpleasant slog in the heavy traffic but this was really the only route we could take to make our way towards Penang.

At about the 30 kilometer mark in Singai Siput I spied a supermarket so I popped inside to stock up on coffee and tea. As we were about to leave another cycle tourist pulled up next to us. It was David Pang from Kuala Lumpur who is busy with a circumnavigation of Malaysia to raise money for charity. After a natter and the usual photographs we rode off together with David aiming to head for Taiping (which, in retrospect, we should also have done). After a few kilometers we stopped to do a spot of bird watching and David carried on ahead.

Selfie with David Pang
Heart 0 Comment 0
Perak Cave Temple
Heart 0 Comment 0
Perak Cave Temple
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 53 km (33 miles)
Total: 3,429 km (2,129 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0