Guamni to Seoul: Surely the one of the easiest cities in the world into which to cycle - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

June 27, 2017

Guamni to Seoul: Surely the one of the easiest cities in the world into which to cycle

We didn't rush out this morning because we we didn't have far to go. None the less, we were on the road by six thirty.

First stop was the 7-11 down the road. When we got there it was closed, but the manageress must have seen us coming because she came over and opened up for us. We bought our usual rice triangles and were gifted with a couple of cups of coffee, after which the manageress locked up shop again. So kind of her and, given that we didn't find another open convenience store for another thirty kilometers, very fortunate for us.

The route down to the confluence was easy and without incident, so much so that Leigh wasn't even aware that we had reached it. The valley we have been in for the past few days is really quite beautiful. The northern section of the Four Rivers Route seems so much more attractive than the southern parts along the Nakdong River.

Even though it was a mid-week morning, the cycle path was choc-a-block with cyclists as well as pedestrians, runners and people using the exercise machines that are found every few kilometers or so.

We arrived at our hotel at eleven o'clock, we had to negotiate to get in because check-in was only after three o'clock. It might have been better if we had waited because the "non-smoking" room stank of cigarette smoke.

Anyway, we're here for the next three nights while we do a bit of sightseeing in Seoul so we'll just have to put up with it.

Today's ride: 59 km (37 miles)
Total: 2,333 km (1,449 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0