Chau Doc: Not the day we had planned - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

October 14, 2017

Chau Doc: Not the day we had planned

The plan for today was to finish off some work in the morning and then visit the Tra Su Bird Sanctuary about twenty kilometers south of Chau Doc in the afternoon. With this in mind, we organised a trip to Tra Su with the help of a local tour company. We were to be collected by bus at three in the afternoon so that we could enjoy the water birds coming in to roost in the evening before returning to Chau Doc after sunset.

The morning started off on shaky ground. I have felt a bout of the sniffles coming on for the last couple of days but this it had developed into MAN FLU ! According to the Urban Dictionary, man flu is not 'just a cold'. It is a condition so severe that the germs from a single sneeze could wipe out entire tribes of people living in the rain forest. Actually, all I've got is the sniffles so it didn't get in the way of our work and we managed to get almost all the work we had planned to do by the end of the weekend wrapped before our pick-up for Tra Su.

Then at about a quarter to three we received a phone call saying that the bus is delayed by an hour and a half so we really wouldn't be able to get much done at Tra Su at all. So we sadly cancelled the birding trip and returned to our work, finishing everything that we had hoped to do by tomorrow. Every cloud etc.

View from the top of our hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0