Chaiya to Pak Nam Lang Suan: The "scenic route" - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

August 20, 2017

Chaiya to Pak Nam Lang Suan: The "scenic route"

Last night wasn't as restful as it could have been with a lot of banging doors and loud voices from other parts of the hotel. We got going soon after six o'clock and carried on up the 4112 which was quiet and stress free.

After twenty five kilometres we got to Ta Chan. Our route took us straight through the market so the logical thing to do was buy something for breakfast. Nothing adventurous - chicken satays and sticky rice.

After about sixty kilometers we spotted a short road down to a beach. The "beach" turned out to be a mudflat and was full of waders so we spent half an hour or so watching Common Whimbrel, Greater and Lesser Sandplovers, Curlew Sandpiper, Ruddy Turnstone and Common Redshank.

The last twenty kilomters to Pak Nam Lang Suan was flat and easy. We had good cloud cover for almost all of the ride so heat was also not an issue.

The Scenic Route. Ironically, this was one of the less scenic sections.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We stopped for some lunch in the village (yummy moo grop with lots of extras) before heading up the coast where we knew we would find accommodation. The 99 Resort was the first one we found, about a kilometer north of the village. Not great but fair value at five hundred baht.

Today's ride: 81 km (50 miles)
Total: 4,558 km (2,831 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0