Chachpengsao to Ban Bang Saen - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

September 8, 2017

Chachpengsao to Ban Bang Saen

We were on the road at six thirty this morning and only after we had stopped to buy some pork satays and sticky rice for breakfast at the eight kilometer mark did I realize I had not got our key deposit of 200 baht back from the guesthouse. The guesthouse had been as quiet as a mouse when we left so I simply left our key in the door without thinking about the deposit.

The ride down to Ban Bang Saen varied from bearable to brilliant with most of the distance being the former. The brilliant section was about 20 kilometers along a canal after we turned off the 315 at the ten kilometer mark. Most of this was on gravel road and we had pretty much zero traffic along this stretch with lots of birds and the occasional dog chase.

Nice gravel road running next to a canal
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once at Ang Sila near Ban bang Saen we passed a magnificent Chinese temple, Wat Thep Phuttharam. It gives a whole new meaning to "over the top".

Wat Thep Phuttharam
Heart 0 Comment 0

After casing the joint and checking out a few resorts and 24 hour motels, we finally ended aup at the Saen Nara, a newly built hotel two blocks back from the Bang Saen beachfront. We have got to stop timing our visits to the coast from coinciding with weekends. The young fellow who showed us around quoted us 600 baht. Then the manager arrived and bogged him out because he hadn't charged us weekend rates which were double that. In the end we got it for 800 baht. Not bad value and with a 7th floor view we can see for miles.

Today's ride: 70 km (43 miles)
Total: 5,497 km (3,414 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0