Ban Thale Noi to Hua Sai: Birding to start the morning then an easy ride to a dead horse town - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

August 10, 2017

Ban Thale Noi to Hua Sai: Birding to start the morning then an easy ride to a dead horse town

We got out Thale Noi at about ten past six after picking up some "short eats" for first breakfast.

Three Thai cycle tourists had pulled into the resort we stayed at last night and they joined us for photos at the two naff looking bird statues at the western end of the bridge over the wetland. Despite the communication gap, we did manage to work out that they were heading for Hat Yai and that they thought my bicycle chain needed oiling.

With the Thai cycle tourists
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once on the bridge we had our breakfast and started two hours of enjoyable birding.

Yellow-bellied Prinia - one of my favourite LBJs.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bronze-winged Jacana
Heart 0 Comment 0

After that it was an easy if unexciting ride to Hua Sai, stopping to buy some fried bananas for second breakfast.

I had read in other CGOAB journals that Hua Sai was a bit of a dump and we weren't disappointed. We also knew that the only motel nearby was out of town on the road to Nakon Si Thamarat so we first headed into town to find some lunch and pick up some stuff we could take back to the motel for supper.

The afternoon was spent getting some work done and adjusting the chain tension and cleaning and oiling the chains on the bicycles.

Today's ride: 57 km (35 miles)
Total: 4,085 km (2,537 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0