Andoung Tuek to Sre Amble: Moving forward slowly - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

September 28, 2017

Andoung Tuek to Sre Amble: Moving forward slowly

After making our escape this morning we cycled back across the bridge to try and find some food. We managed to pick up a few naartjies and a couple of what seemed to be super-sized pha thang go and started our way down the route 48 just before seven thirty.

We had briefly entertained thoughts of pushing all the way through to Veal Rinh but the thought of ninety kilometers after yesterday hills plus our late start soon killed that idea. Instead we took our time, birding along the way and picking up a few birds that are new to us for Cambodia.

The roads were, in places, in surprisingly bad condition with some enormous potholes and large unsealed sections where the tarmac no longer existed.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our entry into Sre Amble was via a wickedly steep but mercifully short climb. As we got to the top, the heavens opened and we took shelter at what seemed to be a clinic. The first guesthouse we passed looked pretty bad and the $7 rooms didn't entice us. We were sure we would find something better and did at the KTV Guesthouse on the eastern exit road. A clean aircon room with good wifi for the standard $15. They also organised a couple of large plates of pork fried rice for us for lunch at $3 a plate.

We spent the afternoon working and afterwards I went to find some some supper. To my surprise I discovered that the entrance to the guest house was now full of young women in short skirts and high heel shoes. This didn't put me off my stride though and I managed to find some rice and crispy pork from a food vendor a few hundred meters up the street.

Today's ride: 43 km (27 miles)
Total: 6,167 km (3,830 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0