Puerto Natales - The eighth step ... Patagonia etc once more. - CycleBlaze

January 28, 2020 to January 30, 2020

Puerto Natales

Our stay in Puerto Natales comes to an end tomorrow when we start the second phase of this trip - the road through to Punta Arenas and on towards Tierra del Fuego.  

We have been very comfortable at Hostal Jomar, actually Hostal Jomar2 because the original is a kilometer or so away from here.  The facilities have been great and have been kept wonderfully clean by the energetic  and friendly staff.  It was a stroke of luck that got us here.  We might have spent the past four nights in the wind and rain at Camping Guino if they hadn't been full and, quite honestly, this place tops Camping Guino with room to spare.

Much oif the past three days has been spent catching up on work.  There is nothing urgent with which to deal so we can cycle on with a clear conscience

We stocked up on grub for four days on the road but we plan to get to Punta Arenas in three.  Many folk do it in two days but at about two hundred and fifty kilometers that is a bit too much for us at this stage.

Another cycle touring couple have been here at the same time as us, Alessandro and Constanza.  As is usually the case with other cycle tourists whom we meet, they are lovely people.  They live in Ibiza in Spain although she is from Chile and he is from Italy.  They will also be heading out tomorrow and also plan to take three days.

It will be an early start tomorrow by Patagonian standards so it is early to bed tonight.

Today's ride: 9 km (6 miles)
Total: 1,104 km (686 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0