Gualeguaychu - The eighth step ... Patagonia etc once more. - CycleBlaze

March 13, 2020

Gualeguaychu

We checked out of our hotel at ten thirty and then had to find a way to occupy ourselves for the rest of the day without dying of heat.  The cathedral managed to eat up an hour or so.

The cathedral.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The interior of the cathedral.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Immaculate Conception alter.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Then we had a long lunch at a popular restaurant.  Thankfully the air conditioning was working well.   We were among the first to arrive and close to the last to leave.  It didn't take long before we took refuge in another restaurant, this time just for a cold drink.  Finally we stumbled upon the local beach.  If we had found it earlier we would have had a swim but we had just enough time to take it in before we had to cycle out to the bus terminus.


Does this imply it is OK to enter the bus terminus wearing a one-piece bathing suit ?
Heart 0 Comment 0

The lady at the Tigre Iguazu office told us she would come out to the bus when it arrived and make sure that our bicycles were loaded so we sat down and waited, confident that by tomorrow morning we would be in Puerto Iguazu.

What transpired when the bus arrived was a pure Friday the 13th horror show.  The driver refused to allow the bicycles on the bus because this meant he would have to unload all the luggage that was already loaded and no begging and pleading  was going to change his mind.  It seems the only way to get a bicycle onto a bus is from the original destination and we weren't in the mood to cycle back to Buenos Aires to do that.

To cut a long and painful story short, we have had to ditch the idea of going to Iguazu and have ended up back in town at a hotel with a pool ... except that the pool was closed two days ago and will only re-open at the end of the year.  It's been one of those days.

Today's ride: 9 km (6 miles)
Total: 2,336 km (1,451 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0