Dolores - The eighth step ... Patagonia etc once more. - CycleBlaze

March 6, 2020

Dolores

We planned an early start this morning so that we could beat the heat.  The alarm went off at 5:45 and at 6:30 we were in the dining room hoping to have breakfast which should have been available since six.  It was in darkness but only for a few minutes.  A car pulled up outside and the staff member who should have been there earlier rushed in full of apologies.  We tucked in half an hour later and were on our way by seven thirty.

The weather forecast for the next ten days is for temperatures in the mid thirties except for Tuesday next week and fresh winds which all seem to be in our faces for the route we have planned.

However this morning it was mostly cloudy and so it was pleasantly cool for almost the whole of the ride.  Unfortunately, the wind forecast was correct and it was pretty hard work.   We took it easy, stopping often to look at birds and pulled into Dolores at about midday.

White-faced Ibis
Heart 1 Comment 0
Campo Flicker
Heart 1 Comment 0
A quaint little church tucked into a clump of trees on the side of the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A disturbing sight for cycle tourists.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Dolores is a neat looking town and we are in the really nice Hotel Dolores for the night.  We spent the afternoon first watching a bit of Rugby on TV (a pleasant surprise that it was available) and catching up on a bit of sleep.  There is a very nice supermarket directly across the street from the hotel so instead of having to hang around until nine o'clock waiting for a restaurant to open, we bought a spinach tortilla and some ham and stuff and ate our supper in the comfortable courtyard at the hotel.

Today's ride: 47 km (29 miles)
Total: 2,155 km (1,338 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0