Conception del Uruguay - The eighth step ... Patagonia etc once more. - CycleBlaze

March 15, 2020

Conception del Uruguay

The rain chucked down last night but it was only dripping slightly this morning and it continued to drip at various times throughout the morning and dried up as the day went on.

The ride was suprisingly enjoyable.  National Route 14 is one of Argentina's busiest roads - it is the main road between Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo in Brazil - but a good shoulder and great cycling weather made it a lot easier.

The only irritation on the road were these rumble strips placed just over a hundred meters apart. They meant that we had to either ride over them or ride close to the vehicle lane.
Heart 0 Comment 0

we had an AirBnB booked in Concepcion but when we arrived at the appointed time the host was nowhere to be found.  To cut a long story short we waited three hours before he rocked up.  He was very apologetic and clearly upset about inconveniencing us and offered a second night for free but we need to keep moving northwards.

After checking in, I went off to buy some groceries at the local Dia supermarket.  It took more of an hour in the queue to the check-out.  And the folk behind me in the queue would probably be there an hour after me.

We're still unsure as to what we should be doing with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Just taking it a day at a time.

Today's ride: 79 km (49 miles)
Total: 2,415 km (1,500 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0