Wang Sala - The sixth step ... Back to SE Asia - CycleBlaze

March 26, 2019

Wang Sala

Today was one of those days when we should have enjoyed a great ride but somehow it didn't turn out like that.  

Leaving Ratchaburi
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our general direction is towards Kanchanaburi, site of the memorials and museum of the infamous Death Railway.  We spent some time there eight years  ago so it is not new to us.  What we will do once we get there is anyone's guess but right now it is somewhere to where we will cycle.

Kanchanburi is about eighty kilometers cycle from Ratchaburi so we decided to cycle part of the way, the first place we knew of having decent accommodation being Wang Sala.  The route, which was very flat, took us winding through mostly rural roads along the Mae Klong at first and then along canals and rice paddies.  It really should have been enjoyable but the day turned out to be a slog through the heat - again.  Winter, if that is what one could call the less hot season in Thailand, has definitely ended.

Some really nice quiet roads along the canals.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pink Elephants at a wat along the way.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We are staying at The Chill House, a nice version of a typical Thai motel.  Tomorrow we will have a lie in and a late start - it is less than twenty five kilometers to Kanchanaburi.

Today's ride: 64 km (40 miles)
Total: 1,483 km (921 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0