Phu Toei - The sixth step ... Back to SE Asia - CycleBlaze

March 30, 2019

Phu Toei

Given that we had a very short distance to cover today we got onto the road very early.  By seven o'clock we were already back at the waterfall to take some pictures that we should have taken yesterday.

An old Japanese locomotive is parked at the real end of the line which is at the waterfall.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There was significantly less water flowing over the waterfall this morning compared to yesterday evening and looked pretty puny.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once done at the waterfall and after buying some breakfast we started slowly climbing up towards Hellfire Pass.  There are two easy climbs, the first as one leaves Nam Tok and the other leading up to Phu Toei which is about three kilometers before Hellfire Pass.  

The thick vegetation behind Leigh illustrates what the workers on the Death Railway had to deal with.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We took our time, stopping to bird along the way, and got to In My Dream Resort at about nine thirty.  Thankfully they allowed us to book in early.  I think the sight of two sweaty bodies did the trick again.

We spent a great deal of the day just hanging around the infinity pool which is fed by a natural stream of water cascading down the mountainside.  It is all very natural.  Apart from various bits of vegetation, it is full of fish which come and nibble the dead skin off your legs and feet. 

The only options for food close by are two restaurants aimed at the weekend trippers from Bangkok, smarter looking food at three times the price to which we are accustomed.

Lunch - jazzed up khao pad moo (fried rice with pork)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Supper - Kung Pao Chicken
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 17 km (11 miles)
Total: 1,562 km (970 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0