Petchaburi - The sixth step ... Back to SE Asia - CycleBlaze

March 23, 2019

Petchaburi

We enjoyed a nice breakfast at Baan Maka before heading out before six thirty this morning.  Toast and jams are free for breakfast at Baan Maka and fruit and hot beverages are free throughout the day.  They even provide decent ground coffee with French Presses so my Vietnamese coffee filter enjoyed a break while we were here.  All the other guests were up and about preparing for the day's birding that lay ahead of them.  Maybe we should have spent an extra day here and got some more birding done.

We stopped for a photo at this statue of a monk three years ago so we had to do the same again. The first photograph can be seen at https://www.cycleblaze.com/journals/firststep/kaeng-krachan-to-petchaburi/.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The road back to Petchaburi was hot and busy - the Thais seem to enjoy driving around on weekends - so we arrived back at J-House feeling hot, tired and dirty.  We made use of the laundry facilities and spent the afternoon relaxing in the coolth of our room.  With the hot dry season in full swing we need to make sure we reach our destinations by eleven o'clock at the latest because soon after ten in the morning the temperature starts to rise quickly.

Today's ride: 62 km (39 miles)
Total: 1,325 km (823 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0