Sukumo - The fifth step ... The length of Japan. - CycleBlaze

Sukumo

We worked until quite late last night, finishing off around ten o'clock and picking up the last few pieces before sunrise this morning.  Hopefully we will reach a point where we have a work under control and are able to enjoy Japan before we have to leave.

The route out of Uwajima took us up a steady climb to the first and longest of our tunnels for the day.

The first and longest tunnel of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once out the other side we had a nice downhill until we came upon the first os f two tunnels where cyclists and pedestrians are separated from motorists.

Cyclists and pedestrians only!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Then it was down to the coast for some lovely cycling that evoked memories of the time we spent on Shikoku last year.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We arrived in Sukumo planning to find an onsen and then a place to camp.  We weren't able to find an onsen but were offered a good deal at a local hotel and, with some work to do, we booked in.  After work we cycled off, quite needlessly, to look for some supper.  In the end we returned to the hotel and ate at the restaurant attached to it, getting a 10% discount fior being hotel guests in the bargain.

Today's ride: 68 km (42 miles)
Total: 2,777 km (1,725 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0