Day 4 - To Jefferson City. 40 miles. - Katy Trail - Our First Cycle Touring Experience. - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2021

Day 4 - To Jefferson City. 40 miles.

Day 4. One of the things that God is teaching Jeff during this trip (well He has probably been trying to teach him this his whole life) is that "Jeff is not in control!!" Yep! That's the message that Jeff is getting loud and clear on this trip. His health. The weather. Everything. We have very little control in this world, and sooner that we get that, the better we are, and the happier that we can be. "Control" is a myth!! 

Jeff has been praying for no rain, and the forecast for the rest of week looks to be very little rain, but the forecast less than a week ago was supposed to be lots of rain on at least part of the week. God is so good!

We start off in Columbia with college students all over the place, the city in the back drop, and then we make one turn into the MKT (Katy Trail), and look what we are blessed with to see.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just enjoying the morning together.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More great views as we continue away from Columbia.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some of the views we see while going over multiple bridges going away from Columbia.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The as the morning goes on we shed the coats and then we have a river on our right for multiple miles. We loved seeing the views.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here is another view that Debi took while riding.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view of the river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Then another view from the forests. So nice just to ride and get these awesome views.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Then we stopped briefly for lunch in Hartsburg, MO, which probably has a population of about 100. Yes really. Here is the Globe Hotel that has been there for more than 100 years. There was actually no restaurant, or any other public services that we could tell.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Then after almost 40 miles (yeah we were tired), we see this bridge that allows us to go up around a circular bridge.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coming up on this, and Debi is a little frightened, but Jeff assured her that he would take care of her.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We finally made it to the top, which was kind of cool.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Picture of us after reaching the top on the bridge, and the river in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here we are in the capital of Missouri, Jefferson City, and seeing the capital building in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We arrive at the hotel, and we always feel a little weird in asking them to allow us to park or bikes in the their hotel. Here they are in the grand ballroom. Haha.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We think it is cool that Jefferson City's logo includes a bike. :)
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stop at this BBQ place that is just awesome!!! Way better than the other very popular one in Orlando. We couldn't eat all the meat, but it was soooo good.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 40 miles (64 km)
Total: 149 miles (240 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0