lodging and map: Trip basics. - Six days until Taos - CycleBlaze

lodging and map: Trip basics.

Antonito - Narrow Gauge Railroad Inn 719-376-5441 very basic, clean. They allowed us to leave our vehicles here all week. $54. one queen bed.

Chama - Elkhorn Lodge 575-756-2105 rooms or cabins. On the edge of town for a quick getaway in the morning. We've stayed here a number of times. $103.21/2 beds - includes tax.

Tres Piedras - Ah, the fun of finding lodging in the impossible place. Rooms at the local restaurant. Chili Lime Depot 575-758-1701 Deb Graves plays a loose game, but comes through in the end. Deb is a charming woman with her finger in many pies. Dinner and breakfast included. $55. for a bed in the bunk room upstairs.

Espanola - OhKay Casino and Resort 877-747-1668 Cyclists and buffet food. What more could you want? $61.04/2 beds/with tax. Internet price. I must admit - the nearby Ojo Caliente hot springs resort was very well spoken of. $$$ plus it would have made our climbing day the next day that much longer. However, I do think we missed out on an excellent hot springs. Edit: The Sunday brunch buffet was the worst excuse for food I've ever had. Strong words and strong feelings. Blech.

Sipapu - Sipapu Ski Resort - 800-587-2240 A three bedroom mobile home. (#16) $71.76/including tax. Can you believe this price? Old and clean. Excellent food. A surprise in the middle of nowhere.

Angel Fire - Elk Horn Lodge (same name as in Chama) 575-377-2811 Nancy is another charming woman who has many tales. $105./2 beds. This is an expensive ski town. If you have a large group, a condo might be the way to go. Be warned, you will go UP the hill to the condos. This lodge is on the main drag.

Taos - There are many, many places to stay in many price ranges. I try to watch my money, but do enjoy a splurge. This was my splurge. Located on the edge of town (but still near the plaza) for a quick get away in the morning.Casa Benavides - 575-758-1772 Ask to see the room layout to pick yours. We had the Georgia OKeefe room off of a sweet little private patio on our first visit. They have home made baked goods in the afternoon and a most excellent breakfast. I wanted to come back to Taos just to stay here again.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0