Those who can't dance say the music is no good! - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

November 19, 2021

Those who can't dance say the music is no good!

Tucson errand day

Tonight there is an opportunity to attend another dance so we spent the morning doing a few errands. I wanted to go to a farmer's market south of us, and Don needed to pick up more Amazon packages and fill up a tank with propane.  

I had woken up at about 3 am and noticed it was REALLY cold in the trailer - the thermometer on the dresser read 61 degrees! Hmmm - might be a propane issue or something wrong with the furnace, which has been working flawlessly since Don replaced the switch. I went into the bathroom and turned on the hot water, and the gas sensor immediately began to beep which is a sign that the propane tank we were using was out. 

Ooookay - time to roust out Don so he could switch to the other tank. That took care of the problem and we soon were back to a warm home. I don't know why this always seems to happen in the wee hours of the morning, but it does. Later in the day, I realized I should have gotten up to see the eclipse but all I could think about was trying to go back to sleep. 

Don slept in after his early morning wake-up and we didn't end up getting out until after 10. 

First on the agenda was the farmer's market which ended up being 30 miles away from us. I had no idea it was so far away and after seeing the high priced, meager offerings there, was disgusted with spending so much time on the drive. I had had high hopes of nice produce for sale by local farmers but there was only one booth selling fresh fruit and veggies. It was all too pricey for us! 

From there we continued to a UHaul place where they filled up our propane tank and then picked up more packages from the C-store Amazon hub boxes. It was like Christmas! Don couldn't even remember what he'd ordered! 

It ended up being some trailer wash product and rope lights to add to those we already have under the trailer. Now we have enough to also go under the truck. They work as a rodent deterrent as well as a night light if you have to get up and go outside. They're also fun as you can select from different colors.

We didn't do much all afternoon except relax. read, and watch the birds. 

After dinner, we got dressed for the dance and headed back to one of the studios we had been at last week. It was nice to have less than a 20 minute drive! 

We had a good time and got some good practice in on our steps. At least we knew the drill on how they operated their music so the abrupt cutoffs of the songs didn't bother us as much. 

We stayed until about 10 when things ended and then headed home. Tomorrow we get to do this all other again!

We'd love to see a desert tortoise in the wild but imagine you have to be very lucky. In the meantime, this metal sculpture will have to do.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kokopelli can be found decorating everything in the SW - from jewelry to Xmas ornaments to walls outside of homes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fortunately we haven't run into any of these guys on our rides!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sentinels to the sky. These saguaro must be quite old, judging by their height and their many arms
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0