There are no wrong moves in tango, only new ones - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

December 2, 2021

There are no wrong moves in tango, only new ones

Phoenix dance day take 2

We've got another dance planned for tonight so ended up just taking it easy at camp all day. Watched the sun rise over the mountain and enjoyed all of the different birds scurrying busily around our site. 

We also had some 4-legged animals visit us - rabbits and ground squirrels. So lots of activity all day. The birds came out very early - first the quail, followed by other types. By mid-day, the birds disappeared and the other critters appeared to eat their share of the food. 

It was a hot day and I just hung out in the shade of our awning, reading and relaxing. Just trying to enjoy this while I can, since we'll soon be back in cold Denver. 

After dinner, we took off for our second dance venue - at Las Palmas Grand Ballroom. This is a high end over 55 community and was supposed to have a nice wood floor in their ballroom. There was a duo providing the music. 

We weren't too sure what to think when the woman picked up an accordian. Was this going to be polka music?? She ended up doing mostly ballroom music with her partner playing what looked like an electric clarinet. It worked and we got lots of dancing in. 

Our friends from Denver also joined us and we got a lot more visiting done. Don even won 2 free tickets to another dance! It's too bad we're leaving Saturday since the club that organized this hosts dances several times every month. But there weren't any expiration dates on the tickets so maybe we can figure out another time to get down here soon.

The dance was lightly attended so we had plenty of room to move around the floor. But it was the first dance we've been to on our trip that required that you show your vaccination card or proof of a negative Covid test 72 hrs. before the event. You also had to wear a mask from the front entrance door to the ballroom and if you went out in the hallway to go to the bathroom (no one did that). 

It was also funny that when we got to the check-in desk, the lady said she recognized from the Elks lodge last night! Yup - we do get around!

We called it a night by 9 as we've more to come tomorrow night:)

Yet another beautiful sunset in Phoenix!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Can't get enough of this mountain at sunset!
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltFar right is Flatiron peak
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Tonight we were dancing at the Las Palmas Grand ballroom. This is a very upscale over 55 community in Mesa. As you can see there was a HUGE floor in the community building.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view of the dancing action at Las Palmas Grand.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0