Shut up and dance - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

November 26, 2021

Shut up and dance

Tucson dance day

Well, we lucked out and found another studio that was hosting a dance tonight so we're going out again. Of course we are! That meant we would be skipping another potential bike ride. Oh well, I'm sure we'll be back down here again in the future.

The morning was spent back at the grocery store and picking up propane. Since it's cold at night, our furnace runs every day so we do go through a lot of propane. 

Our afternoon found us back at camp, relaxing in the shade, watching the birdies come and go. I'm still trying to get a good picture of an Anna's hummingbird at our feeder, but no luck so far. They're pretty skittish.

After dinner, we got dressed and headed over to the dance studio. It was smaller than the other 2 places we've been to, but still about the size of one of the Elk's lodges we go to in Denver. 

There were 20 couples in attendance and we watched them do a class in waltz. All of these studios have their students switch partners during classes and dances but we're not at that point with this pandemic going on! It's bad enough that no one wears a mask. We just hope they're all vaccinated. 

After the class, there was an hour of open dancing. It was fun and we did a lot of dances. They're holding another dance here tomorrow night so we'll likely come back for that one, as well. We need the practice!

We finally had another type of woodpecker visit us. I think this is a Downy but could be wrong. It was quite small.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Bill ShaneyfeltLooks like you are correct.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Downy_Woodpecker/id
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettTo Bill ShaneyfeltThanks for confirming that. Sometimes pictures in a book don't always fit what you're seeing. And this bird was moving quite quickly through the trees.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Bill ShaneyfeltIt took lots of looking at photos of both the downy and others. The allaboutbirds site's similar species really helps, and using those names to google search images pretty much confirmed it for me. The one that was most similar was the hairy woodpecker...
Reply to this comment
2 years ago