Rolling up our sleeves - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

September 28, 2021

Rolling up our sleeves

Delta, Delta go away!

The excitement for today was getting our Covid booster shots! 

Don had gotten online yesterday with Walgreens and was able to score 2 appointments for us this morning. It was a lot easier than getting appointments for the first 2 shots when we had to drive all the way to Sterling for them. In fact he said they had 50 openings today. Not going to turn that down!

So after breakfast, we drove down to Payson to the Walgreens to get that taken care of. It was interesting talking to the pharmacist about Covid in Utah (he thought at least 70% were vaccinated with the remainder being mostly younger kids) and the vaccine in general. But it was great to be able to get the booster while on our trip - yeah!!!!

On the way back to camp, we stopped at a farm stand near the Walgreens and picked up a few items. They sold some of the biggest squash we had ever seen. Next we went to the Payson grocery store. We were only going to buy some crackers to eat with our cheese/wine tonight, but ended up getting a lot more items.

When we got to Springville, Don wanted to drive some potential roads east and west of the interstate to see if any might make good bike routes. It looked like a few would work. 

By now it was lunchtime and we made plans to either do a ride this afternoon or do some practice dancing. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans as it quickly got very windy with 20-30 mph gusts. The trailer was even rocking back and forth. Wow - never had run into that before! 

But it wouldn't have been any fun biking and hard to hear our music when dancing on the floor, so we just stayed inside and read. Don couldn't even go outside to grill dinner.

The wind didn't let up until long after we went to bed when it started to rain. Hopefully we can ride tomorrow but that might be unlikely as it's supposed to be barely 50 degrees. I might ride by myself since I've got plenty of warm layers to wear. 

This farm stand sold the largest winter squash we had ever seen! The blue ones are Hubbard's and the orange ones are Banana. If we had been in Denver with a bigger kitchen, we might have bought one but we ended up with the tiny spaghetti squash Don is holding.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More pics of the mutant squash.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The dynamic duo celebrates getting our Covid booster shots with a glass of wine! And yes, my legs are really that white compared to Don's tanned ones. I keep totally covered up when riding to protect my skin from the sun.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0