Onward to Tucson - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

November 16, 2021

Onward to Tucson

Another travel day

Travel days don't tend to be fun but today we were looking forward to it as we're moving north to another favorite state park in Tucson.  Since it was going to be a short trip, we took our time packing up the rest of our camp and were on the road by 10 am.

But since we couldn't check into our site until 2 pm, Don wanted to take care of one chore, which was having the trailer and truck washed. He had researched this on-line and found that we could get both washed at a Blue Beast truck wash. (you can't take the Airstream through a regular automatic carwash) That was good since both Tango and Black Beauty were filthy!

So we drove north of Tucson to Eloy where there was a Flying J truck stop that had one of these semi-truck washes. It was quite the fun experience!

Despite there being 2 bays, it was busy and we did have to wait in line with the semi's for about an hour before it was out turn. There were even a couple of other large RV's also waiting to be washed. 

It took about a half hour for them to hand wash, dry and polish up both vehicles. At $89 it wasn't too bad of a price when just doing the truck alone could cost $20-$30.

We then reversed our route back to Tucson arriving at Catalina State Park by 2 pm. Our site is nice, not too close to our neighbors, paved and long enough for everything to put be out. We'll be here for 2 weeks, biking, dancing and exploring the area.

The truck wash was located next to this field of cotton in Eloy, AZ.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waiting in line with the 'big boy's at the truck wash!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside the truck wash bay we waited for our turn. At times there were 8 people hand washing our trailer and truck.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sunset at Catalina State Park.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0