Movin' on down the highway - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

October 17, 2021

Movin' on down the highway

Kanab to Hurricane

Another moving day today, but as we only had a short drive to Hurricane, we took our time getting ready. It had been so cold and windy during our stay here that we hadn't even put out the grill or chairs! 

I had time to do a load of laundry which took nearly FOUR HOURS!!! due to our lack of knowledge on operating the high tech machines. We're used to using simple ones where you just pop the quarters in, select your cycle and turn it on, so trying to figure these babies out was a challenge. I grumbled that the campground should post detailed instructions on the walls!

Laundry finally done, we ate a quick lunch and headed west to Hurricane. It was frustrating that today was the nicest day of our stay in Kanab - hardly any wind and warm. 

But the forecast for the Hurricane/St George area calls for temps in the 70's. We were already wearing our shorts and t-shirts which was quite a change!

It didn't take long to reach the RV park in Hurricane where they had assigned us a large site at the end of one row. This a large campground but we weren't complaining as it means we have no neighbors on the street side. 

It was supposed to be a handicap site, but the office said that it was fine for us to be there. We have so much level concrete space that we could easily set out the dance floor along with our chairs, grill table, outdoor rug and ice chests. 

Don even put out our Halloween skeletons! Gotta get in the spirit!

By the time we got set up and did a short grocery run, it was after 5. We had considered doing some dancing but were both pooped from the day. 

We'll be here for a week so are looking forward to some nice WARM bike rides and dancing at the Elks in St George on Wednesday and Friday nights. Should be fun!

Sunrise over the cliffs in Kanab.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The RV park we stayed at in Kanab was pretty funky. This is their outdoor laundry facility. At the other end of this building were 2 bathroom 'suites' that each had a toilet, sink and indoor or outdoor showers. The floors were heated!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0