Lazy lake day - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

November 5, 2021

Lazy lake day

Taking another off day

I woke up this morning with a sore stiff foot. It was like it was saying "what the heck did you do to me last night?!" 

Okay, okay, maybe I overdid it with the dancing. So I told Don I was taking the day off of any riding or walking/shopping and going back to the R.I.C.E. regimen again. My hope is that I'll be able to dance tonight. 

We hung around the campground all day and basically didn't do much - reading, working on the computer, planning our route going home next month, etc. Don was expecting a package from Amazon that was to be delivered to one of their drop boxes at a convenience store in town, so didn't want to get too far from here. That's the first time we've used that service and it worked ok, but the items didn't arrive until late afternoon and the pick-up location was across town. 

By dinner time, my foot was feeling better, so I told Don I was willing to give the dancing a go. Tonight there was a guy performing. He played the guitar and had a machine providing background music while he sang. 

It was a mix of country, 40's and 50's rock & roll. He was a good singer and it was very danceable music so we were able to do everything except for a tango and bolero. My foot didn't hurt at all (maybe the wine helped!).

We stayed for about an hour and a half, enjoying the music. While the floor wasn't crowded, at times it was a challenge for us to move around all of the line dancers. Like the Elk's lodge in St George, they have a serious group of line dancers here! Gals as well as guys participated. 

But it was fun and we hope to do this again tomorrow!

For our dancing friends reading this journal- we've noticed that that they do a different cowboy cha cha here, just like in Utah. It's done as a couples circle dance with slightly different steps rather than in a square as we do in Colorado. If we go dancing tomorrow night, we'll try to record it so we can learn the routine. 

The campground hosts here at the Elk's RV park are hard working. They constantly rake the gravel, pick up the trash and trim the trees - all for a free stay!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Basha's grocery store has nice covered parking for customers. Maybe to help with keeping the heat out of your vehicle while you're in the store.
Heart 0 Comment 0
While Basha's has the covered parking, Smith's grocery has special "senior parking" along with the usual handicapped spots!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Now that is one SERIOUS speed boat!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0