It takes two to tango - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

November 6, 2021

It takes two to tango

Another day in Lake Havasu

I couldn't believe it when I got up this morning - my foot/ankle hardly felt sore at all! That meant that dancing was a definate go for tonight. But I still didn't want to try biking AND dancing in one day, so we decided to let me just take it easy again. 

After breakfast, we drove over to the Masonic Lodge to check out their rummage sale. They didn't have much that we could use, but we did find a few things. 

From there we tried to find a garage sale to go to, but couldn't find the one Don had seen the other day. They don't seem to have estate sales in this city for some reason. That seems weird considering the age of the population. 

As we headed back home, we drove by the Goodwill store, and decided to go in and take a peek. Usually we shop only at ARC stores in the Denver area since they have a better selection/prices with half-price days for seniors. 

Surprisingly we both found some dance clothes to buy! Don got a nice pair of tuxedo pants that fit perfectly while I bought a cute short dress that goes over leggings and a even cuter pantsuit. 

We did bring a few dance outfits from home but have discovered we're doing more dancing than we expected. Most of it has been in Elk's lodges which tend to be more casual dress. 

After one more quick stop at a grocery store, we headed back to the campground. The rest of the day we just relaxed, then went over to the lodge after dinner for one last dance. 

The guy that played last night was performing again tonight and he even remembered us. Even though it was a Saturday, it wasn't as busy as yesterday with fewer dancers overall so we had plenty of room. 

We were even able to request several songs, including a tango! Of course, we were the only ones on the floor so we really played up the tango attitude for the audience. After we were done, we received lots of compliments on our routine. That was nice, but we are sure a bit rusty!

My foot behaved itself but after a couple of hours, we called it a night and headed back home. I couldn't believe we've actually danced 3 days in a row! We haven't done that since we were back in Denver. And I wasn't dealing with a sprained ankle at that time.

With tomorrow being a Sunday, there aren't any activities at the Elk's, so we hope to be able to do one last ride before we leave on Monday. 

One of 2 nice murals we spotted on Main St. in Lake Havasu.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And here's the other one. They seem to like their classic cars here as we've seen quite a few on the streets.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Who is that man in the phone booth?! Why, it's Superman! Unusual yard decor in Lake Havasu City.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0