I'm in the mood for dancing - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

December 4, 2021

I'm in the mood for dancing

Tucson dancing reprise

This morning we had to pack up camp as we reluctantly got ready to leave this beautiful park and start our trek to Denver. But we had lots of time as we had decided to just move a short way to Tucson for one night. So we could dance again, of course:)!

By 10, we pulled out but made one brief stop at the Arizona Gift store in Apache Junction. We had gone there yesterday and bought several SW baskets to use in the trailer for holding fruit or veggies. Since they were so inexpensive, we wanted to get a few more. They also had smaller ones, so ended up buying some of each size. We can also use them at home.

Officially on the road, it took nearly an hour to clear the sprawl of the Phoenix metro area. Boy, there sure are a lot of people that live in this valley! And along with people comes plenty of heavy traffic and pollution.

I'm not sure I would care to buy a winter home here but houses in these over 55 communities are cheap. I saw that you could get a 2 b-2b home for around $80,000. Some were even being sold fully furnished.

By 2, we were pulling into our abode for the night - the Tucson KOA. We would have preferred to stay at Catalina SP again, but they didn't have any open spots. So we're at this very large KOA with no views, kids everywhere and RV's on top of each other. 

It's considered a "resort" with a pool, restaurant/bar, laundromat and lots of activities. Many RV'ers stay here for several months. As it is located down in the valley, it would be close to the Santa Cruz River trail, so that's a plus if we wanted to stay here again.

But we do have a lemon tree on one side of us and an orange tree on the other! Both had ripe fruit so I helped myself (it was allowed). Gotta justify spending all of this money for one night!

Other than hooking up our power, sewer and water lines, we didn't bother to set out anything else. The afternoon was overcast and a little cool so I didn't care to relax outside. 

After dinner, we dressed up one more time and drove back to the Music in Motion dance studio for a dance. This is the place that had the largest floating wood floor in this area.

We first watched the class which was in tango. Very basic, but we did pick up a different variation. 

That was followed by the social dance which was a lot of fun. We stayed for a couple of hours, then called it quits as our legs and feet were complaining. After 4 straight days of dancing, I don't blame them for being sore!

We've really enjoyed our time here in AZ, but tomorrow we have to head home. Just in time for the holiday dancing. I think we're ready!

This was a cactus near the entrance to Lost Dutchman SP. It was covered with these incredibly long spines. As long as my palm!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here's another view of that cactus. I'm not sure which one it is?
Heart 0 Comment 0
I've seen this cactus used in landscaping throughout Tucson and Phoenix, but am not sure what type it is? Kind of unique with its twisted stems.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Quite a nice collection of cactus at the park entrance, but I sure wish they had had ID signs. Some I recognized, but others were a mystery!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The sunset from the KOA had nice color in the clouds, but the view wasn't as pleasant with all of the power lines and RV"s in the foreground.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0