Hotter'n a blister bug in a pepper patch - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

October 2, 2021

Hotter'n a blister bug in a pepper patch

Problem solved for now

We both slept warm and cozy last night as the furnace was working correctly! Yea!!!! Hopefully that continues, but I told Don he might need to add checking the furnace motor after every travel or high wind day to his list - just to prevent future problems. There is so much to learn about this RV lifestyle.

It was nice to not be stressed out this morning as we planned out our day. We decided not to ride today as there were a number of other things Don wanted to accomplish around the trailer. 

At 10 am we drove north to Provo to visit their farmer's market. It was mostly craft booths but we did find a few that had produce at cheap prices.

We picked up some different things like leeks and Asian pears which are normally expensive to buy in the stores, if you can even find them. Another one had honey crisp apples which I couldn't resist buying. In addition Don picked up some tomatillos that were so sweet tasting that you could eat them raw. 

On the way home, we drove around the area to check out some potential bike routes and then stopped at a car wash to get the truck washed.

The afternoon was spent cleaning the inside and outside of the trailer's windows, along with finishing cleaning the inside of the truck. When we had finished, both Black Beauty and Tango shined like new!

Next Don got out our hair clippers and gave me a trim followed by me using it on his hair. We started doing that last year during the lock down when we couldn't get to a salon for hair cuts. Don bought a good clipper on-line with different attachments and we've continued using it since then. He's gotten pretty good with my hair. I may never go back to a salon! But it's a good thing I like very short hair!

Hair cutting was followed by some dancing which went much better than yesterday. That took us up to dinner which was a grilled pizza. This time we made it a Mexican pizza, and used the fresh sweet corn, tomatillos and leeks on it. So good (although Don charred the crust a bit too much, oops!). 

It was like Christmas this evening when Don went to the office and picked up some packages from Amazon that had been delivered today. And one of them was our new camera!! Yeah!!! 

He has also ordered quite a few other things on Amazon that we haven't found in stores - camera case, perforated foil grill pans, more pizza mix, AA multiple battery charger etc. etc. So we'll be getting lots more boxes while we're here. Just like at home in Denver!

This is the Veterans of Indian Wars Memorial in Provo. It is dedicated to the original settlers of Provo and those that fought in Utah's Indian wars from 1850-1868. Those included the Walker War, the Battle of Provo and other conflicts. The statue and base are made of zinc, and was constructed in 1909. The statue itself is called "Victory", although it was rumored to be a mass produced Union soldier. It was sculpted by Cyrus Edwin Dallin who also created the Angel Moroni statue that is on top of the LDS Salt Lake Temple spire. The Battle of of Fort Utah is also known as the Provo War and was between the Timanogos Tribe and the legion of Fort Utah in Provo. Around 100 Indians were killed. Brigham Young had been convinced by the settlers to exterminate any of the tribe that were hostile to the Mormon settlers.
Heart 0 Comment 0
YIKES!!! That's a lot of hair that Don cut off of my head!! Feels better now, though.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Don created this grilled Mexican pizza using our Simple Mills almond flour pizza crust, chicken, black beans, salsa, fresh sweet corn, leeks and the tomatillos we got at the farmer's market. The results were very tasty!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0