Dancing is poetry for the feet - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

November 13, 2021

Dancing is poetry for the feet

Another Tucson twinkle toes day

Sorry, no biking to report again today since we're going dancing tonight. 

We putzed around camp most of the morning and then drove down to Sierra Vista to run a few errands. I wanted to go to the Goodwill store to see if I could find a long sleeve dress or top to wear when dancing. The last 2 places we've danced at in Tucson had the air conditioning systems turned up so high that it felt like an ice box to me! 

Don was comfortable, but then he normally runs hot. I only brought summer, sleeveless dance clothes so wasn't prepared for cold. Goodwill came through and I found a long sleeve top that might work with my leggings. Despite a large closet in the trailer, we can still only carry just so many clothes. But I'll try to be more prepared on our next trip.

By the time we finished with our shopping, half the day was gone so we returned to camp. I had hoped we would have time to drive over to the Whitewater Draw wildlife refuge to look for Sandhill Cranes, but that wasn't possible today. Maybe another year.

We had just enough time in the afternoon to practice some of our new dance routines before having dinner and getting ready for the dance. We're headed back to Tucson to another studio that was holding a practice dance.

The Music in Motion studio bragged that they had the largest floating wood floor in Tucson which we found to be true. At nearly 3000 sq. ft., it was about the size of venues we've gone to in Denver. Very nice!

The owner of the facility was friendly and the dance was lightly attended by their students so we had lots of room to move. We also liked the music mix tonight as the songs played were a good variety of types and went all the way to the end. 

By 9:30, we called it a night and headed back to the campground. These consecutive late nights of dancing followed by a long drive home were getting to us! But it's been fun and since dancing is such a big part of our lives, necessary for our mental and physical health. We've got to be ready to jump right back into it when we get back to Denver!

We've had out our bird feeders since we arrived at the campground but other than a couple of hummingbirds, this is the first woodpecker we've seen. I think it's a Ladderback woodpecker.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tonight's dance in Tucson was at the Music in Motion studio. They offered a class prior to the dance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0