Water, water everywhere - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

May 21, 2019

Water, water everywhere

Along the Danube

So much water everywhere! Lots of rain all day long....  Passau to Aschach along the Danube, lots of little towns a few castles up high, several little ferries waiting to transport cyclists across the river for 2 euros. Green mountains going straight down into the water. Looking ahead layers of mountains meeting the Danube. Lots of swans and snails.

Tip of the day: don’t expect waterproof clothing to keep you dry in an all day rain storm..... be sure to have layers under to keep you warm, and seek out hot drinks.

More bike stairs in Passau.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Taking refuge under a covered bridge to escape the rain for a few minutes and turn the map page.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Ferry number 1 taking us from the south side to the north side of the Danube.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Ferry number 2
Heart 1 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Huddling inside the ferry where it was warm. This ferry was packed with cyclists!
Heart 1 Comment 0
When we got off the ferry there magically appeared a riverside restaurant. We stopped for lunch and to warm up.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The obligatory hot chocolate on a cold rainy day!
Heart 3 Comment 0
Getting ready to brave the wet weather again after lunch.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Stopped by the bike tour offices to warm up with a hot drink. Much appreciated!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Almost there! Our hotel from across the river as we approached town.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Tragedy! The wine bottle spilled out of the pannier and broke into pieces on the concrete! As it turned out the bread cheese and chocolates appetizer purchased at the grocery store turned into dinner as the hotel restaurant was closed and we didn’t feel like getting out in the rain again and riding to get dinner.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The view from our hotel window
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
The view inside our hotel room...
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 1,230 miles (1,979 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Sandy OsteenSorry about the rain, yet it looks like you were still having fun. Bummer about the wine, but good fortune (your guardian angel at work) that you found the riverside restaurant for lunch, especially since your hotel restaurant was not open. Good thing you had been to the grocery store! On to the next adventure!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago