On the Train again - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

May 19, 2019

On the Train again

Return to Passau

Train travel day. Saying goodbye to the Alps and hello to the Danube River. Train entry and exit skills are well honed. 2 people get each fully loaded bike on and off the train. Getting on the train, up 4 steps and over a gap to get the bikes in the train car. It takes a well honed cooperative team to get 4 bikes on and off quickly. Getting pretty efficient.  Stroll through Passau. First dinner in a Bier garden, wonderful sunny skies and warmer temps.

Outside the Salzburg train station, all loaded up and ready to go.
Heart 4 Comment 0
One of our last views of the alps from the Salzburg train station.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Every time we ride a train or change trains we have to use the elevators to get our bikes over to the correct platform. Only 1 or 2 bikes will fit in the elevator at a time so if we have a close connection it gets a bit dicey! To change platforms you have to take the elevator down, run through the tunnel and then take the elevator back up to the next platform.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We always have to look for the train car with the bike emblem on it and the bike car that is empty since we will totally fill it up with our bikes.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our bikes all hooked in to the train car ready for the trip to Passsu.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our last glimpse of the alps from the train. As we moved toward passau the countryside became gentle rolling hills.
Heart 4 Comment 0
The directions from the train station said it was an easy 3 minute walk to our hotel. Not! It was not even a 3 minute ride and it was pretty much up hill all of the way. With our loaded bike we had to get down into some pretty low gears to keep moving... it was even harder for the one of us walking as she didn’t have the aid of the gps and the streets weren’t always marked. We were glad to get to the hotel.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The hotel is in an old building that has been renovated. We have plaster cherubs decorating our ceilings in the corners they look like they are stepping out of the cieling into the room.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our shady leafy bier garden
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 2
Mary Anne KoosWill thinks you look all nice and clean. Good to see Meg!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Lynn WalkerHaven’t seen y’all in short sleeves in a while. Welcome relief I’m sure.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Our stroll through the pedestrian streets of Passau.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 1 mile (2 km)
Total: 1,231 miles (1,981 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Sandy OsteenTrain looked like fun and challenging, you have learned a lot. Beer garden was the perfect reward for your travel. On to the next adventure, the Danube!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago