Some background while we wait - A Month in Taiwan - CycleBlaze

December 12, 2018

Some background while we wait

I imagine most of you are already familiar with us and our riveting backstory, but for newcomers here’s a thumbnail sketch.  After nearly 30 years of cycle touring together, Rachael and I blew up the old playbook early this year by finally retiring from our professional careers, selling our home in Portland, Oregon, and transforming ourselves into homeless cycling vagabonds.  We’re just coming off of a three and a half month tour from Dubrovnik to Barcelona, and depart for Taiwan in a few days for the next leg of our journey.  We’ll be there for the next six weeks, before returning to Portland in late January to spend some time catching up with friends and family for a spell before hitting the road again.

This is a repeat tour for us.  Our first tour of Taiwan in 2014, a clockwise loop of the island, was a fascinating experience.  This time we’ll be traveling counterclockwise and more slowly, with frequent multiday stopovers.  It sounds like a brilliant way to ease into winter.  Join us!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Steve Miller/GrampiesOoooohhhh!! Another adventure coming. And just in time for us to have post knee surgery reading. Thank you.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Steve Miller/GrampiesYou’re welcome! We had this in mind, hoping that following us through the rain might have a good effect. Our other plan was to come home to Portland and spend the winter watching movies and drinking craft beers. Hopefully this will be healthier for all of us.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Sue PriceAh, now this is more like it! Slow travel with lots of beautiful scenery in a warm place! Looking forward to reading your blog!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago