Setting Up the Cashflow - One For the Books - CycleBlaze

Setting Up the Cashflow

Epic cycle tours need international cashflow.  As a China-based expat, this becomes a difficult matter due to the disconnect of the economies from inside or outside the country.  Since my company pays in dollars and I have multiple bank accounts in various countries, things get complicated.  One of the problems is trying to withdraw RMB in China using bank and credit cards from outside the mainland.  These cards often get blocked and require you to call them or even make branch visits which is very difficult.      

As for this trip coming up, everything was looking on track for bike ride through the desert from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.  That plan ended up being scuttled at the last minute due to these cash flow issues.  But I figure for this trip I'll be in the area anyway, so why not venture down to Mexico and open a US dollar account which pays good interest.  The rest of the trip will be hopping from one country to the next to sort out all this cashflow stuff and enjoy some untold adventures along the way.

The last two weeks will be where most of the cycling takes place in Thailand.  As for all the other details, well stay tuned, it's gonna be an epic adventure with a practical purpose to it all.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Scott AndersonHey, good luck this time! Are you planning on going through Death Valley this time? It’s an incredible place. We’ll be there ourselves next month.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Fit SteveHi Scott thanks. Actually I ended up changing things a bit and the focus of the trip is more on Thailand now. Besides cashflow problems, I wasn't up to the idea of dealing with things going wrong in the desert, and will out that ride off unfortunately
Reply to this comment
4 years ago