Cahors to Prayssac - Retyrement on 2 Wheels 7 - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2023

Cahors to Prayssac

A lot to enjoy on the Lot

Our petit dejeuner at the auberge is to the most amazing backdrop- the Valentrē Bridge in all her glory. There are already Camino walkers crossing as they start the day’s trek. The fruit compote (apple and strawberry) and oats give us a lift and my two coffees kick me into life. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

For us, our cycling of the Lot begins right under the bridge. The path out of town is shared with cars but the white line is a reasonable security blanket and soon we’re heading to Douelle. There are a few hills on the way but none is too challenging, though we know we’ve climbed them. 

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Along the route are vineyards, land prepared for planting. After Douelle we move along quickly on a new Voie verte. Again, it’s an old rail line, and ā particularly nice one. Halfway along, we stop for lunch at a shady spot that we share with two other French cycling groups. On e-bikes I might add.

After lunch we continue to Luzech, a charming spot on the river, and then begin a climb up to Albas, which has a quite sensational aspect on the edge of a high rock.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Making the days baguettes.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another great Voie verte.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice touch with wooden fences.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Albas on high.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0


From Albas there’s a cycle path which takes us the short distance to Castelfranc, a small town in the middle of a quiet doze on a hot afternoon. From here it’s about 15 minutes to slightly uphill, to Prayssac where we’ve booked accommodation. 

At Prayssac the Intermarchē supplies our dinner needs and Komoot our direction. The apartment is slightly beyond the centre and is part of a gated resort. Now we’ve tried everything! While we try to decipher the gate combination the gate opens and we pedal down to the office and supply the general factotum with our details. We are shown to the apartment and directed to some space under the stairs outside for our bikes. We quietly take them up the steps and inside, stashing them on the balcony. 

It’s still about 28 degrees so we cool off with a drink  or two before heading for the, yes! Pool!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 1
Mary HutchingVery flash.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago

Today's ride: 42 km (26 miles)
Total: 1,340 km (832 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0