To DC and Virginia - biking from Omaha to DC - CycleBlaze

June 12, 2022

To DC and Virginia

Members of the group were talking about rain. We wanted to start early to get in ahead of it. I headed out with two of the ebikers. The trail was ok at first, then got very good for a bit, and the last 25 miles were rough. There were patches in the best part where some erosion had happened leaving it like a washboard. This was tough day for me.

There was a nice lunch near lock 21. The Great Falls of the Potomac are pretty amazing and we only saw a little bit of it, I hear. Various birds were seen and heard. With a different bike, it could be a great ride.

We hoped to take the C&O all the way to the zero marker. We saw the Mile 1 marker, but then lost the way it seems. Eventually, we rode around and found it. We came up on the National Mall behind the Lincoln Memorial. Then off to the hotel in Arlington. We passed Arlington National Cemetery.

Dinner was at a Thai restaurant near the hotel. This was Our last meal together. It is very strange that after so many weeks together we were all going to go our separate ways.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Mile 0 of C&O Canal is hard to find
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 62 miles (100 km)
Total: 1,845 miles (2,969 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0