The last day on the bike.: Moustiers Ste. Marie to Aix en Provence - Spring training in Provence - CycleBlaze

April 8, 2015

The last day on the bike.: Moustiers Ste. Marie to Aix en Provence

The sky was clear, the wind was calm, the road was empty and I was going downhill. In all, it was a perfect day to ride and I rode with a smile on my face. Other than that, there's not much to say. No incidents along the way, no obstacles to be gotton over, no contretemps. After a brief climb out of Moustiers, the road descanded all the way to the river Durance. I stopped in St. Paul lez (the "z" is correct) Durance for an unremarkable lunch, continued along on the shoulder of a busier road to the turn-off for Aix en Provence, made a short climb to get out of the river valley then descended to Aix. Some faffing around in town until I found a hotel, and that's it. The hotel was very nice, but pricey, but, what the heck, its the last day. Supper was also unremarkable, neither very good nor bad. Edible and filling is about all I remember. To bed early, and tomorrow the train to home.

The only stop of the day other than lunch at the village of Allemagne in Provence. (Germany in Provence)This is the chateau.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In a touch of irony, this is the monument to the local citizens killed by the Germans during the occupation. It is located in the parking lot opposite the chateau.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 102 km (63 miles)
Total: 615 km (382 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0