Montserrat - Rest Day - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

June 11, 2022

Montserrat - Rest Day

There's not much to be said about today.  We lazed around in the campsite and enjoyed a well deserved rest. Got some laundry done. Had another enormous lunch at the buffet restaurant down the road (we did the same yesterday -for seventeen Euros you can eat and drink as much as you like and we did). Finally we got around to going to the Basilica and having a look at the Black Madonna known as"La Moraneta" (there seem to be a lot of "Black Madonnas" in Spain. This one is made of wood and the dark colour is apparently as a result of age.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We will most likely be in Barcelona tomorrow.  The last thing we plan to see is Gaudí's Sagrada Familia and we will have to brave the city to do that.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Scott AndersonI’m sure you know, but if you want to see the Sagrada Familia book your slot. We really recommend getting a tour guide.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jean-Marc StrydomJust had a look at the ticket prices and thanks to the current ZAR:EUR exchange rate we will be limited to appreciating it from the outside. Looking at photos of the interior that might be a decision we could end up regretting.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago