Wed Nov 7 - Finally the cycling begins - Bucket List South Africa - CycleBlaze

Wed Nov 7 - Finally the cycling begins

Growing Kudu horns. We ate kudu as well it was lovely.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fire damage along the Garden Route.
Heart 0 Comment 0

FIRST PLEASE NOTE I HAD NO INTERNET FOR TWO DAYS AND IS VERY SLOW I WILL ADD PHOTOS AS I CAN SO CHECK BACK ON PREVIOUS DAYS.

After our day of rain we woke to bright sunshine, warmer weather and light wind.  We headed out about 8AM because we rode to the Tsitsikamma NP and the mouth of the Storms River.  Once there we hiked for about 1km to a suspension bridge over the river that was built in 1969 and spans 77m across the mouth of the river.  The views of the beach and ocean were spectacular.  Of course we descended to the ocean so we had to climb out a rather steep and fairly long hill.  Again today we saw the remnants of the bad bush fire that raged here only days ago.  Clearly if things were still burning we would not be riding.  After a short stretch on the national highway we took an old abandoned road never seeing a single vehicle.  Shortly before the final downhill were came across a bunch of baboons sitting on the side of the road.  Our final destination for 2 nights are some holiday homes in Natures Valley that has access to a beautiful private beach.

Tim on the suspension over the Storm River.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A view of the bridge from the hillside.
Heart 1 Comment 0
My flower photo for the tour. This is a Proteus the national flower of SA. There are over 400 varieties.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We rounded a corner only to come upon a family of baboons sitting in the roadside.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Papa baboon.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 56 km (35 miles)
Total: 56 km (35 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0