Thurs Nov 8 - Hiking (7 km) - Bucket List South Africa - CycleBlaze

Thurs Nov 8 - Hiking (7 km)

Today was a non-cycling day but not a rest day.  We started with a home made breakfast in our holiday home since there are few options for food in this remote location.  After breakfast we went on a 6.5km hike from the top of the plateau down to the beach on the other side of the southern point.  The views were spectacular everywhere you looked.  Once at the beach we clambered over the rocks back to our private sandy beach.  We drove to lunch at the same place as last night after which we had a opportunity for a little retail therapy supporting the local community.  The chef from the restaurant came to our homes with his staff to cook us another amazing meal.

Believe it or not this is a shark egg. Apparently some sharks lay eggs rather than giving live birth
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim on the beach at Natures Valley.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view of the beach in Nature’s Valley.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The rugged coastline.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The restaurant where we had dinner and lunch plus the chef came to our houses to make dinner the second day. Don’t judge this place the food was outstanding.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Next to the restaurant we’re some local craft persons. These ladies made used traditional beads to make some amazing things. It was also a women’s co-op so we had to buy a few things.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me being the Sherpa since Tim can’t carry anything on his shoulder.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim on the rock formation along our beach hike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Preparing breakfast
Heart 0 Comment 0
The breakfast table.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0