Thurs Nov 15 - One tough day - Bucket List South Africa - CycleBlaze

Thurs Nov 15 - One tough day

The gang on the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today was scheduled to be a 90km ride with one very tough climb in the first half so after the extra kms yesterday I opted to sit in the van until lunch and then start riding.  I absolutely made the right decision because the climb as a bitch and it was hot.  We have younger and very strong riders than me here and half of them had to walk, even the woman with the e-bike was walking and she is a good cyclist.  Her husband on the other hand is “Bernie the beast”  because he rode it all and even had a few bonus kms.  Tim rode with him but he had to use the turbo setting on his e-bike to just keep up.  The scenery was beautiful as we rode through the foothills of the Long  mountains.  We could have easily been in the foothills of the Rockies except there is no snow on the mountains.  Tim did really well riding everything but he is one tired puppy.  The wine tonight tastes very good.

This is what tired looks like. Tim had a shower but then he laid down and fell asleep before anything else.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Tim at a water stop when I was still in the van.
Heart 1 Comment 0
At the top of the big climb. Look at the ground it is a slippery dusty road with big stones to navigate on a 15% grade. No thanks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I have a love hate relationship with this sign. Going from pavement to stone I hate but going from stone to pavement I love.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The scenery as we rode today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 km (27 miles)
Total: 353 km (219 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Gail JohnsonSmart move taking the van!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago