Sat Nov 17 - Robertson rest day - Bucket List South Africa - CycleBlaze

Sat Nov 17 - Robertson rest day

Robertson

Today was another relative rest day aka no biking but some walking and touring.  There was an optional ride but everyone said NO even the hard core ones.  We drove to Montagu to view a large group of nesting birds followed a visit to a local market for some retail therapy.  After this  we walked a 2.2km easy joint through a canyon to a hot springs water park where some of us went for a dip while others just enjoyed a coffee.  Next it was a stop at a dried fruit factory that is well know here for some dried fruit and roibois tea a South African speciality. The most important stop was an amazing wine tasting followed by a delightful pizza lunch.  For all of $6 ( paid by African Bikers) you could select from a variety of tasting options that were each paired with the apporpriate food.  I opted for the wine and cheese while Tim had wine with bread, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and duca a ground nut mixture.  They also had pairing for meat and even chocolate.  This is was I call a wine tasting.  Finally it was time for a nap because we have three more days of cycling before we finish in Cape Town.

There is a bird feeding station by the pool and we caught this Sugarbird there yesterday.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonWhat a cool tail.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Our quest house.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A Cattle Egret chick.
Heart 2 Comment 0
An adult Cattle Egret.
Heart 1 Comment 0
African Sacred Ibis with a chick they were all in the same clump of trees.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim, Stefi and Oli at the start of our walk.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me on the trail where the bamboo reeds reached well above my head.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An example of the pairings. I had the top one and Tim had the 3rd one but there were 10 different options. R60 = $6Cdn.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My wine and cheese tasting.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our pizza at lunch.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Walking in the canyon to the hot springs.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A close up of the wineries name on a glass.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our retail therapy from the market. Mine is on the left and Tim’s is on the right. I plan to redo my downstairs bath in an African motif.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Artistic bikes for rent to tour Montagu.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I had to try the water slide at least once. Tim passed because of his shoulder.
Heart 1 Comment 0
In the pool drinking from a a crocodile.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Deb HunterI have just caught up with your blog and am once again impressed with your spectacular pictures and great narrative. This looks like a fabulous trip - made even more so by being able to do it with Tim. I am awed that he is able to pull it off with a recently injured collar bone. God bless e-bikes!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Gail JohnsonThis looks like one of the best rest days ever. The runners are magnificent and the wine tasting looked divine at a fantastic bargain. Glad you two are having this incredible adventure together.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago