Gunnison - Saguache: We're off! - A pictorial journal of the Slumgullion Tour 2010 - CycleBlaze

June 26, 2010

Gunnison - Saguache: We're off!

Nothing makes the guys happier than diagnosing a strange noise.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our youngest rider, TJ, kept the racer types wishing their legs were 20 years younger.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Doug doesn't look too concerned about TJ's whereabouts.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sarah enjoyed cruising to the first rest break.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nothing but the best on the Slum. Our first rest stop came complete with a sit down bathroom. In the back of the SAG vehicle, notice the silver tank on the right. Those who have worked in the food industry 20 or so years ago will recognize the tanks from Pepsi/Coca Cola. Tom (center of the photo, holding white water bottle) has rigged the tanks to be pressurized water dispensers. We were all appropriately impressed.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It's always hard to leave rest stops with such good company.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Typical scenery in Cochetopa Canyon. There is just room for the river and the road. This is a great cycling road. Everyone with an agenda is over on Hwy 50. We had only light, local traffic all day long. Enjoy!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Then the canyon opens into a valley . . . .
Heart 0 Comment 0
Then we climb high enough to see aspen trees!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mike is still smiling at the top of North Pass! I'd be smiling also if I had a Titanium Bacchetta.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fresh from back surgery, Marty said his back felt better and better every day. Do you suppose it would be possible to skip PT after surgery and go on a bicycle tour instead? Let's get the doctor to write a prescription for that!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sarah gleefully arrives at the top. She makes riding no hands look SO easy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
John P. and I leapfrogged each other on the approach to North Pass. The miles passes much more quickly with someone to talk to.
Heart 0 Comment 0
You will recognize Wally as the leader on my Denali trip. He and his wife, TC, used the Slum as a training trip for RAGBRAI!
Heart 0 Comment 0
John C. was the catalyst for this year's trip. He always has a good story to tell. Some of those stories might even be true!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 70 miles (113 km)
Total: 70 miles (113 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0