Crested Butte-Gunnison: Payback Day! - Expanded Slumgullion Tour 2009 - CycleBlaze

July 9, 2009

Crested Butte-Gunnison: Payback Day!

Lodging: Super 8 970-641-3068 Ground floor Queen $83.34 This was not a satisfactory room. I believe the motel has changed hands and gone down hill. We stayed at the Gunnsion Inn our second time through town. It was nicer and cheaper.See that day for information.

I've been sitting at the computer too long - instead of putting in all of the details I'll get the highlights now then come back in later and fill in the text and add photos.

Today we slept in and ate breakfast in town. Bought some tshirts - finally got headed out of town in a headwind. Grumble, grumble. But it was downhill and only 28 miles. Life is good!

John and Jacinto take their time packing up. We had an easy 28 miles downhill this day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Typical scenery between Crested Butte and Gunnison.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The self proclaimed smallest gas station in Almont.
Heart 0 Comment 0

It looks like the Super 8 has changed hands. Ken said his room was dirty - the bed had been made, but the sheets were stained and had long hairs in it. Blech. Several other reasons made us wish that we didn't have a non refundable room. Long story.

Dinner at Mario's - I'm happy - Jacinto says it's just another restaurant - I only like it because of tradition. Perhaps that's true - but I do enjoy eating there.

We bought snacks at Safeway and headed back to the hotel. One advantage is that they now have a full breakfast with the room.

Today's ride: 28 miles (45 km)
Total: 146 miles (235 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0